2021 focus: growing electorate action in Australia
- To connect active Australian electorate groups and people involved in them (who are creating democracy in their own electorates), so they can share what they are doing, their insights and strategies in order to inform others, and to learn from what others are doing.
- To provide a safe place for sharing and learning.
- To get a sense of who the players are and what they are doing / to give people involved in the electorate based democracy movement the chance to see themselves and what they are doing and to connect to each other.
- To create a clearinghouse of knowledge and experience of these groups in inspire and inform others who want to get involved.
- To open the opportunity to build a community of practice about creating locally relevant and vibrant electorate-based democracy.
This is a call out to local people building democracy in their own electorates to serve their community’s needs.
The Canberra Alliance for Participatory Democracy (CAPaD) invites everyone involved in this movement for electorate–based democracy across Australia to be able to share what is happening locally and by learning from our collective experience, become more powerful.
Particularly we are interested in you sharing: What outcomes do you seek locally? What have you learnt so far? What barriers have you found? How have you surmounted them? What are you doing that is working well? What are your next steps?
CAPaD is inviting these types of presentations:
1. 12min video recording your local story
2. Poster A4 PDF
3. 3 minute video
4. 3 slide PowerPoint
5. Hosting and facilitating your own Zoom session
6. Live facilitated panel for Q&A on Zoom
7. Other types of presentation will be considered
The videos and posters will be uploaded to our web platform in the week before the DemFest so participants can look at them. There will be opportunity in the program for groups to in involved in Q&A sessions to answer questions about their poster presentations. We will ask participants to indicate in the week prior to November 6th if they would like to ask your group a question.
To attend, please fill in the Attendee Registration Form
To register a presentation, please fill in the Presenter Submission Form.
Please distribute this invitation among you contacts and organisations.
For further information please email the Organising Team.
There is so much we can do together!